[Python.NET] Embedding a Python interactive shell in a .NET application

Denis Akhiyarov denis.akhiyarov at gmail.com
Wed May 11 19:01:48 EDT 2016

This is definitely possible with WinForms or WPF. See the demo folder in
pythonnet repo. One of the demo's is still in pull request.

You should probably just try running previous IronPython attempts using
pythonnet and report issues if any. Have a look at Sho from Microsoft.

There is someone trying to embed ipython REPL using pythonnet/Excel-DNA or
COM in Excel with Custom Task Pane (CTP) written in WinForms:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jupyter/CVht4orvQtc