[Python.NET] Embedding a Python interactive shell in a .NET application

Saparya K spryify at gmail.com
Thu May 12 17:16:05 EDT 2016

Thanks for your response, Denis.

I had not come across Sho earlier. It looks very interesting. (If only
Python 3.x support was available, though it does look like they have added
support for their own math and visualization libraries).

I am going over the demos and the unit tests and I was able to write a
simple console application to access .NET objects from Python. This is very
encouraging!
I am still figuring out how to embed Python code in my C# WinForms
application (instead of a console application).

I will continue my experiments, but in the meantime if you or anyone else
has any ideas on how to redirect the result from the Python interpreter
(say, to a rich text box), I would love to hear them. That is one part of
the puzzle that is unclear to me.

Thanks,
Saparya