[Python.NET] Reloading modules

Evan Davey evan.davey at ekidna-engineering.com
Sun Apr 16 21:27:21 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am using Python.Net <http://python.net/> embedded inside an application.  The application allows me to select and run a python file (which then allows me to use Python to access that application's C# SDK).

string code;
using (var streamReader = new StreamReader(scriptFile, Encoding.UTF8))
{
    code = streamReader.ReadToEnd();
}

using (Py.GIL())
{
         PythonEngine.Exec(code);
}

This works, except when the code imports a python module I have to quit and restart the application in order for the import to reflect any code changes (which is very slow for debugging).

How can I reload or reset the PythonEngine before running the code?

Cheers,
Ebam