[Python.NET] Python.NET user feedback

Artem Zhukov green.azhukov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 05:08:19 EDT 2017

Remak a.s., Czech Republic, Air Handling Units (AHU) manufacturer:

Our goal is making the software, which supports the product's development,
by our own engineers. Those engineers are not primary CS engineers and need
something simple when creating the software. That's why we choose Python3
and totally happy with that.

However, we're still must plug in a lot of non-python software. Without
pythonnet it would be impossible. So now, thanks to pythonnet, we're able
to develop the software without "help" of external developers, what gives
us a lot of competitive advantages, such as much quicker reaction on
custumer feedback, better understanding the product etc.

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 7:13 PM Jason Sachs <jmsachs at gmail.com> wrote:

> We used Python.NET several years ago to write Python scripts that can
> interface with data acquisition systems from Measurement Computing
> (formerly Data Translation). These boards have an OpenLayers driver library
> in .NET; they don't have any native Python drivers. Using Python.NET as a
> bridge was fairly straightforward, and allowed us to transfer data in
> real-time into Python without much CPU overhead.
>
> On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:42 PM, Denis Akhiyarov <denis.akhiyarov at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello Python.NET users,
>>
>> After PyData talk, I was approached by a potential supporter of
>> Python.NET project from one of major corporations. But they need your
>> feedback and estimate of current users of pythonnet library for this
>> support to be approved.
>>
>> Please respond to me privately or publicly about your specific use case
>> or project, any outstanding issues or success stories.
>>
>> Please mark if this feedback should be kept confidential.
>>
>> Here is an updated and collected public list of open-source and
>> commercial projects using pythonnet:
>>
>> https://github.com/pythonnet/pythonnet/wiki/Projects-using-pythonnet
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Denis

ARTEM ZHUKOV | HVAC/Mech.Engineer | Building Performance Engineer |
Sustainability Engineer | HVAC TPM | M: +420 774 081 898