[Python.NET] Issue not finding Assembly

Nikhil Garg nikhilgarg.gju at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 03:53:43 EDT 2017

have you tried changing

sys.path.append("C:/Program Files (x86)/DHI/2016/bin/")

sys.path.append("C:\\Program Files (x86)\\DHI\\2016\\bin")

also, just to add, as I also use python with DHI toolbox, and I am assuming
it is the case here, you can do it without explicitly setting the path, as
when you install DHI tools or MIKE, it creates an environment variable, so
you can use something like this

sys.path.append(os.path.split(os.path.dirname(os.environ['DHI_MIKE']))[0])

However, to be certain, you can test the output of

os.path.split(os.path.dirname(os.environ['DHI_MIKE']))[0]

in your python console before using it.

On 21 June 2017 at 15:26, A M <argantonio65 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using ironpython for a while to operate a .dll library. This works,
> but I need to use some CPython libraries so I would like to try to
> integrate de .dll in python 2.7
>
> I installed pythonnet through > pip install pythonnet
> (Windows 7) installing pythonnet-2.3.0-cp27-cp27m-win_amd64.whl
>
> I proceeded like in ironpython:
>
> import clr
> import sys
> sys.path.append("C:/Program Files (x86)/DHI/2016/bin/")
> clr.AddReference('DHI.Tornado.NET')
> import TornadoNET
>
> and meanwhile in ironpython it works, in using python with pythonnet I get:
>
> File "Automated.py", line 32, in <module>
> clr.AddReference('DHI.Tornado.NET')
> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find assembly 'DHI.Tornado.NET
> '.
> at Python.Runtime.CLRModule.AddReference(String Name)
>
> DHI.Tornado.NET is a .net 4.0
>
> I read everything I could on previous similar issues, but I haven't been
> able to solve it. Someone has an idea?
>
> Best regards

Regards

Nikhil

When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does
not approximately determine the future - Edward Lorenz