[Python.NET] Passing System Pointer as Byte*

brice.thurin at buhlergroup.com brice.thurin at buhlergroup.com
Fri Aug 24 09:13:28 EDT 2018

Good Afternoon,

I have a class from a third party DLL with the following Buffer.Attach method:
            public void Attach( byte* aBuffer, uint aSize)

The method can be called from C# using:
aBuffer.Attach( (byte*) arrPointer , nBytes)
where arrPointer is a System.Reflection.Pointer

How can I call the method using Python.Net. If I pass only the arrPointer to the method I receive a TypeError: No method matches given arguments.

In other word, how can I perform the type casting in python?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best Regards,

Brice

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential,
may be legally privileged and is designated exclusively
for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail and notify
the sender by phone or by e-mail. We process personal data
in accordance with our privacy policy available at:
www.buhlergroup.com/privacy.