[Python.NET] Memory management when embedding python.

Thomas Lundgaard Hansen Thomas.Lundgaard at 3shape.com
Wed Sep 11 03:58:34 EDT 2019

Thank you. I am fine with a little delay before the objects are collected, I just wanted to make sure there are no other side effects by not calling Dispose() on the objects.

On a side node, regarding GC.AddMemoryPressure: PyObjects have some (possibly large) amount of backing unmanaged memory. The .NET garbage collector does not know about this memory and thus cannot take it into account when deciding when the GC should be triggered. AddMemoryPressure allows you to tell the .NET GC about the unmanaged backing memory. However, PythonNET may not know the amount of memory that has been allocated when constructing python objects.

Best regards,
Thomas Lundgaard Hansen