[PYTHONMAC-SIG] faceless background applet?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:18:43 +0200

> Would anyone happen to know how I could make a Python applet faceless --
> that is, run in the background, and not callable to the front?  (I want to
> make a background server that casual users can't easily quit.)

I've never tried it, but wouldn't it be good enough to give it type 'appe' and
set the 'background only' bit in the finder information?

Please share your findings with us if you try it...
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm