[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Figuring out macfs

Mark Guzdial guzdial@cc.gatech.edu
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 15:02:54 -0500 (EST)

I was revisiting some code this morning that used the old StdWin file
dialogs and translated it into the new macfs forms (based on Jack's
example0.html).  Below is the code that I tried to run:

        fsspec, ok = macfs.PromptGetFile('First log file:', 'TEXT')
        if ok:
                startFile = fsspec.as_pathname()
                pieces = splitfields(startFile,":")
                dir = joinfields(pieces[:len(pieces)-1],":")+":"
        return dir

This was my very first Python code, so I can't defend the structure or
technique.  But what I want to ask about is that this dumps me into
Macsbug.  Macsbug says that it dies in "_HSetStateQ" with a memory mapping
error.  When I escape to shell, I get dumped back into Macsbug everytime I
switch try to click on a window/switch-apps.  This is on a 7600 running
System 7.5.3 using Python PPC 1.4.

Any suggestions?
 Thanks!
  Mark