[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Future stuff for the Alpha python mode

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 17:55:04 +0100

The AE support needed for Alpha could be added in a matter of minutes, but for
one problem: I don't really have control over the Python event loop, and when
you send the event the chances are 99.9% that Python will be waiting for
keyboard input at the >>> prompt, somewhere deep inside the C library, and
even though we could possibly receive the appleevent it would require
longjumping out of the stdio code or something similarly horrible.

Replacing the sioux window and/or the current mess of event loops is pretty
high on my to-do list, and supporting DoScript and such will then definitely
be implemented. Until then Justs BBPy stuff will have to do.

But, of course, if anyone has code to contribute to make DoScript work with
the current event loop I'll be more than happy to accept it:-)
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm