[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Announce: TkPython for 68k and PPC available

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Thu, 07 Mar 1996 16:01:04 +0100

I've built a PPC python with Tk as a dynamically loadable
extension, available in <ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/jack/python/mac>.

For sake of completeness, I've also put a 68K distribution there, some
bugs with regard to funny working directory behaviour were fixed since
Guido built his 68K TkPython distribution.

These are complete self-contained distributions. They should be
regarded as alpha-test software, even if you are not using the Tk
stuff: the I/O system is based on the GUSI library, and I've only been
using it for a few weeks so not everything may work as
expected.

Another warning is also in place here: these distributions use 'Pyth'
as creator-code in stead of 'PYTH'. A script is included to
automatically change your old python files, but if you decide to go
back to 1.3 or 1.3.1 you'll have to modify the script to do the
reverse operation.

I'll leave you all to look at this stuff for a week or so before I
advertise it to a larger audience. In that time I may replace the
archives with newer versions if bug reports come in.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm