[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Yes, but can it do... THIS?

Joseph Strout jstrout@ucsd.edu
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 11:48:44 -0800 (PST)

I encountered "Chipmunk Basic" for the Mac the other day.  It's a
freeware BASIC implementation which can do some pretty nifty stuff in its
Mac version, such as sprites (shapes which arrange themselves in layers,
move around without clobbering the background or each other, and provide
for collision detection).

I've been looking for a language to get some young brothers-in-law into
programming, and sprites would be a big plus (gives a language "Pac-Man
equivalence").  But BASIC is pretty nasty by modern standards; Python is
much nicer.

So.  Any sprite libraries for Mac Python yet?

Thanks,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Department of Neuroscience, UCSD   |
|    jstrout@ucsd.edu           http://www-acs.ucsd.edu/~jstrout/  |