[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Window Cleanup in FrameWork

Majewski sdm7g@elvis.med.virginia.edu
16 Nov 96 12:56:36 -0500

  I've been trying out some of the Mac/Demos and the FrameWork
code. Both versions of PICTbrowse crash on occasion, leaving
'dead' windows on the screen. I don't care much about the
problem with the Demo, but the strange state the interpreter
was left in after the crash appeared to be due to a FrameWork
bug, so I was trying to track that down.
  I could not find any live references to the windows --
I even typed a couple of syntax errors to make sure they
weren't being help by the sys traceback objects.
  I then suspected that the problem was lower, but the
Win interface seems to work properly. At first I couldn't
find an explicit DisposeWindow or CloseWindow, but when
I del a window object, those methods appeare to be properly
called to clean up.
  Anyone have any ideas what holding onto the windows
reference and preventing it's deletion ?

Steve Majewski
<sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>