[PYTHONMAC-SIG] PowerPlant?

Mark Roseman roseman@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 21:06:59 -0600

Glenn wrote:
> Considering how unappealing the Tkinter stuff is for a mac application, one
> alternative would be to leverage off an existing framework, namely
> PowerPlant..

pardon my ignorance, what about the tkinter stuff doesn't work well,
or is it just the lack of proper native look and feel, which is coming
along at sun?

the problem with targeting powerplant is that not only is it a lot of
work, but the framework keeps changing, so its a never ending amount
of work to do it right.  so unless there's a good resource commitment
somewhere.. or maybe i'm just showing my bias against anything that
isn't a cross-platform solution. :-)

mark
Mark Roseman, Research Associate         phone: (403) 220-3532 / 220-7259
Dept. of Computer Science                fax: (403) 284-4707
University of Calgary                    email: roseman@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Calgary, Alta CANADA  T2N 1N4            http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~roseman