[PYTHONMAC-SIG] PowerPlant?

jeffrey P. Shell jshell@inconnect.com
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 16:49:44 -0600

I have heard that Tk 4.3 will support more native widgets, allowing for
a more 'mac-like' feel while still maintaining cross-platform support.

WPY is tied in now with the MFC, which allow you to easily make
windows-style apps.  What is MacPython tied in with?  MacApp?  is there
any good modern set of foundation classes for the Mac similar to (but
better than) MFC?  Or are we just wired into the basic Toolbox API?

I should finally be picking myself up a copy of CodeWarrior soon and I'm
interested in toying with some MacOS stuff, namely OpenDoc and
OSA/AppleScript.  What work has already been done in these areas?

I would love to have Python in an OpenDoc/Cyberdog container.

(note: it's been a while since i've programmed in C/C++, especially for
a GUI, so don't quote me on any of this stuff.)  :)
--
.jPS || jshell@inconnect.com || http://www.cynapses.com/ry/