[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Mac ftplib problems

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 22:14:41 +0200

Recently, "jeffrey P. Shell" <jeff@cynapses.com> said:
> i've experienced a lot of problems with 'ftplib' on MacPython..  i had=20
> these errors both in 1.3.3 and 1.4b3.  Every command i execute just=20
> sends back a big traceback.  It happens both on trying to get in=20
> anonymous (since there's no environment variables that i know of to sub=20
> in for the 'user@hostname' password, i thought that might be raising an=20
> error), but even when trying to get into my local ISP, i get odd errors=20
> and can't move around:

This is very easy to fix: change the two "makefile('r')" calls in
ftplib.py to "makefile('rb')". <shameless-plug>It took me about 20
seconds to find out what the problem was using twit</shameless-plug> :-)

The strange thing is that I made this same fix a long time ago. It
must have gotten lost somewhere along the way...
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm