[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Quit Python from AppleScripts?

Joseph Strout jstrout@ucsd.edu
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 15:49:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Mark Guzdial wrote:

> I'm trying to write a script that I can execute remotely that will kill a
> crashed Python program (POO dies occasionally with disconnected <garbage
> characters> and then a crash on the map over connected lines) and then
> restart it.

Hmm, can you get me more info on these crashes?  Are they reproducible?
I'd naturally like to eliminate them...

As for your current issue, you might try using something like KeyQuencer
to select Quit from the File menu (via an Applescript).  That works even
on apps that don't respond to Apple Events.

-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Department of Neuroscience, UCSD   |
|    jstrout@ucsd.edu           http://www-acs.ucsd.edu/~jstrout/  |