[PYTHONMAC-SIG] MkPluginAliases crash

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@virginia.edu
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 12:19:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Ned Schumann wrote:

> I've unpacked Python 1.4 CFM68K on my 20Mb PowerBook running 7.6. With
> no Python related files in the Extension and Preferences folders the
> system crashes with a n "Error type 10" when I invoke MkPluginAliases.
> Any clues to what I should do are welcome.

Wasn't CFM68K disabled on 7.6 ?
I think so  -- they do have some patches to fix it and re-enable it,
but I don't think they were ready when 7.6 went out the door.
I assume that is the cause of your problem.

Look on apples update web sit.

You should be able to run the "68k classis" version until then.

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
         By doing just a little every day, you can gradually
                let the task completely overwhelm you.