[PYTHONMAC-SIG] MkPluginAliases crash

Bill Bedford billpy@mail.demon.net
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 19:43:14 +0100

At 5:19 pm +0100 25/04/97, Steven D. Majewski wrote:
~On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Ned Schumann wrote:
~
~> I've unpacked Python 1.4 CFM68K on my 20Mb PowerBook running 7.6. With
~> no Python related files in the Extension and Preferences folders the
~> system crashes with a n "Error type 10" when I invoke MkPluginAliases.
~> Any clues to what I should do are welcome.
~>
~
~
~Wasn't CFM68K disabled on 7.6 ?
~I think so  -- they do have some patches to fix it and re-enable it,
~but I don't think they were ready when 7.6 went out the door.
~I assume that is the cause of your problem.
~
~Look on apples update web sit.
~

They put it back in in 7.6.1  -- This is from the readme

* CFM-68K Runtime Enabler included for computers with 68030 and 68040
processors
Computers with 68030 and 68040 processors can now use programs that require
the CFM-68K Runtime Enabler. The CFM-68K Runtime Enabler is a system
extension which allows application programs to share code resources.
Because of a problem with this extension, it was not included with Mac OS
7.6. This problem has been fixed.

 Bill Bedford                                  Designer of Photo-Etches
 billb@mousa.demon.co.uk

               owner Brit_Rail-L  ---  british railways historical list