[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Re: Beware of CW 11!

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@virginia.edu
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 14:28:52 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Just van Rossum wrote:

> At 12:19 PM 2/6/97, Steven D. Majewski wrote:
> >( IF I get my copy of CW11 shipped soon! <grumble,grumble> ).
>
> I tried CW11 recently, and a lot has changed. All ANSI libs are in other
> places and called different names, SIOUX is in a folder called "obsolete"
> and and and... in other words: Python won't compile. Even after changing
> some libraries and accesspaths I couldn't get it to work. Guido said that
> HE couldn't get it to work either (which made me sigh with relief...), and
> thought that it was mainly GUSI's problem. So we might have to wait for a
> GUSI update.

What I have *heard* is that SIOUX has been merged into the MSL - it's
no longer a separate library. If you are using the ANSI libs, you
need either SIOUX or console.stubs, so I guess they just decided
to make SIOUX the default.  ( Of course, since I haven't gotten
mine yet, I can't verify what I've heard, but you might just try
taking the SIOUX library reference out of the project and see if
it links with just the ANSI libs. )

[There was a thread on comp.sys.mac.programmer.codewarrior about this.]

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
         By doing just a little every day, you can gradually
                let the task completely overwhelm you.