[PYTHONMAC-SIG] AppleEvent question

Anthony M. Ingraldi A.M.INGRALDI@larc.nasa.gov
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 15:27:42 -0400

Hello,

I am working with AppleEvents to use gnuplot.  Is there a way to launch an
application via AppleEvents without bringing it to the front?  (That is the
way it works in UserLand Frontier.)

When I instantiate an object to talk to gnuplot, it launches successfully
as the frontmost application. Then I have to bring python to the front to
continue with the code execution.

To fix this I either need to be able to launch gnuplot in the background,
or have python continue execution in the background.  Actually both options
ought to work and there ought to be a way to bring an application to the
front via AppleEvents.

P.S. I am running MacOS 7.6.1 with ObjectSupportLib 1.2 on a PowerCenter 150.

--
   Tony Ingraldi                 |  e-mail: A.M.INGRALDI@LaRC.NASA.GOV
   NASA Langley Research Center  |