[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Re: SWIG for Macintosh and Tcl (1st attempt)

David Beazley beazley@sol.cs.utah.edu
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:39:02 -0700

Steven D. Majewski writes:

 > Be careful how you unpack.
 >
 > Using Stuffit Expander on the tar.gz file, the Mac project file seq.hqx is
 > corrupted -- probably has the wrong EOLs -- and it crashes my Mac trying
 > to unstuff it.

Hmmm.   I didn't experience this when I tested it, but I don't think I had any
EOL translation enabled.  This is definitely a problem.

 > Using Mac gzip & Mac tar, I am able to unbin hex and extract the project
 > files, but the .ps.gz files in the Doc directory are corrupt ( probably
 > from the Unix->Mac EOL translation done to fix the first problem.
 >

 > Looks like you've got to do a double unstuff to get it ALL properly
 > translated.
 >

 > [ David -- you might consider using Stuffit or something Mac native for
 >   the final finished release! ]

Do you think it would be preferable to pack the entire distribution up as
a sea.hqx file?   I'm certainly open to finding the best approach.

Cheers,

Dave