[PYTHONMAC-SIG] ped/framework weirdness

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 14 May 1997 11:09:10 +0200

> I was hoping to use the framework to do some experimenting with a project
> I've been working on.  Finally got sick of trying to do it in C.  So I
> started trying out the framework last week, and ped looked like a good
> place to start since I want to use TE boxes.  The do_activate method in the
> TEWindow class has a line       print "ACTIVATE", onoff        right at its
> beginning.  I noticed that if I open two new windows in ped and click back
> and forth between them, the print statement shows only *deactivate* events
> in the Python output window: "ACTIVATE 0".

Hmm, you're right. I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but I suspect that
it has to do with the debug output: printing causes Sioux to run, and it may
eat some events in that case. Try removing all print statements.

Another possibility is to look at the waste demos, they show the correct
behaviour. These were adapted from ped, so the code is similar. I don't have
time right now to check out what I did correctly in those and wrong in ped,
though, so you're on your own.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm