[PYTHONMAC-SIG] apps freeze unless they print!

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Mon, 19 May 1997 03:13:05 +0200

Hi Joseph,

[ Python fridge ]

> Perhaps the Mac guts are only being updated whenever the console window is
> updated.  But I don't really want to clutter up my nice log window with
> useless garbage (and system.out.write('') doesn't work either, I tried
> it!).  Is there any other way to trigger the Mac event-handling parts?

I have no idea how a Mac works (although here is one :-),
but what about this old trick to write space backspace to the log
would that trash it with garbage?

Or writing a null-byte? Works well to keep my internet connections alive
without much harm to anything.

just my 2 pennies - chris

p.s.: which username do you want on starship?