[PYTHONMAC-SIG] apps freeze unless they print!

Joseph J. Strout jstrout@ucsd.edu
Mon, 19 May 1997 08:15:57 -0700

Bill wrote:

>Not quite true, replace the print line with
>
>if t % 10 == 0:print t

Yes, I know this, but in my app I don't WANT to print anything when there's
nothing going on -- not even every 10 seconds.

>The Mac guts are being up dated, but you are putting null events into the
>console's event queue and these are having to time out before it redraws.
>
>One way round would be to use MacOS.SetScheduleTimes() to make the console
>check the event queue more often and so speed up the redraw.

Hmm, I tried reducing it from the default value (12) to 2, with no effect.
It's as if it never checks the event queue at all, until I hit command-period.

Regards,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Department of Neuroscience, UCSD   |
|    jstrout@ucsd.edu           http://www-acs.ucsd.edu/~jstrout/  |