[PYTHONMAC-SIG] calldll

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Thu, 22 May 1997 18:16:23 -0400 (EDT)

There doesn't seem to be a external interface to get the names
in the symbol table from calldll -- is that correct ?

  I'm giving calldll a try to use for debugging a third party
device driver that isn't too well documented. If it works
I'm sure I'll write something up about it, but while doing
that, I realized that finding the symbols in a dynamic library
is a useful programmers tool.

Is there any standard tool that does this ? in Code Warrior or MPW ?
When I last had to do this, I used the :verbose switch in my XlispStat
CFM import module, which prints out the symbol table, but doesn't
give you a list that you can do something with. If there is no tool
that does this already, I may try to hack it into Jack's calldll --
either give it a __dict__ , or add a method to return the symbol
table entries. ( Any comments Jack ? )

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
         By doing just a little every day, you can gradually
                let the task completely overwhelm you.