[PYTHONMAC-SIG] AppleEvent "every"

Bill Bedford billpy@mail.demon.net
Fri, 23 May 1997 21:56:14 +0100

At 12:24 pm +0100 23/05/97, Bill Bedford wrote:
~I am working on an expanded findertools module, and would like to include
~the ability to get/set the property of every object. As in the applescript =
:
~
~get name of every disk.
~
~
~When I look at the ae that this script sends "every" is represented by
~
~ seld:abso(=AB616C6C20=BB)
~
~Can any one tell me what this long represents? Or where I can find more
~about it?
~
~I don't recall seeing anything in Inside Mac.

As usual when ever you ask a stupid question the answer hits you just after
you press the send button................

The problem is that gensuitemodule gets confused when parsing the property
'every'. Uniquely this is a double, and should be ('all ', 'abso') and not
"c@#!"