[PYTHONMAC-SIG] maccgi-module-publisher

Jeffrey P Shell jeff@digicool.com
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 15:43:48 -0500

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but now I might actually have the
time and motivation.  It would be a very good thing, I think, to bring Bobo to
the Mac.  Bobo code is some of the most portable CGI code since the CGI Module
publisher takes care of many of the nitty-gritty system interface and
publishing details.  Bobo would also work well with the Mac since most Mac CGI
applications are a long-running process.

When the first MacCGI support for MacPython came out, it was stated that an
effort would need to be made to make it more coherent with UNIX (like the
environment variables for instance).  Has there been any effort on this?  The
CGI Module Publisher can easily convert Mac CGI variables to the more common
Unix-ish ones.
--
"Green Tony squeeled and I'm off to Galaxy X"
.jPS   jeff@Digicool.com    Digital Creations