[PYTHONMAC-SIG] German Umlauts and HTML

Joerg Kantel kantel@mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:07:59 +0000

I have written a little Python-Scripts to generate automatically HTML-pages
from a database (FielMaker). But it's a german database and it includes
German Umlauts. I wonder if someone has written a modul for converting
umlauts to HTML-code. I can wirte it with a lot of if ... then ... else ...
code by myself but I think it's more a Job for the grep-module (but I
haven't work with grep until now). Thanks for every help (and excuse my
poor english).

J"org

J"org Kantel                                 email: kantel@mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Max Planck Institute  for the History of Science        phone: +4930-22667-220
Wilhelmstr. 44                                          fax:   +4930-22667-299
D-10117 Berlin
       http://www.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/staff/kantel/kantel.html