_Files vs __files (&1.4 vs 1.5a3) was: [PYTHONMAC-SIG] Mac SWIG & dynamic loading MacPython modules

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 18:34:11 -0400 (EDT)

On looking further at the dump output, I'm guessing that this
symbol disagreement is a result of the CW10 Old Libraries vs.
CW11/CWPro-1 MSL switch.

On 15 Sep 1997, Steven D. Majewski wrote:

>  Jack's suggestion does not work with MacPython 1.4 --
> There is a "_Files" among the exported symbols, but not a "__files"
> ( Checking both in the export file in the source distrib, and using DumpPEF
>  to look at the symbol table from the PPC lib in the binary distribution. )
>

> DumpPEF show that the symbol "__files" does appear in  "PythonCore 1.5a3"
> Replacing the 1.4 PythonCorePPC with than one and rebuilding does link
> without any errors. Running Python 1.5a3 and importing the example
> module produces this warning ( however, the module does appear to work
> properly. )

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
All power corrupts and obsolete power corrupts obsoletely." - Ted Nelson