[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Changes in 'Programming Python' demos? (fwd)

Mark Lutz lutz@rmi.net
Mon, 22 Sep 97 10:45 MDT

Hello,

Your mail abut changes in some of the GUI examples in Programming Python
was forwarded my way.  There were indeed some incompatible Tkinter changes
in Python 1.4.  A listing of all known example updates is available on
the web, at "http://rmi.net/~lutz/progdiff.html".

Alternatively, to get a tar file with the updated examples (4 files), go
to "http://rmi.net/~lutz/progdiff.tar", fetch the file, untar on your
machine, and copy the 4 files to the book examples directory.

Detailed descriptions of these and other book updates appear on the book's
errata page, at: "http://rmi.net/~lutz/errata.html".  If you have trouble
accessing any of these URLs, send me an email.  These are all the result
of changes to the Tkinter module in 1.4, which were minor, but enough to
break these examples; I doubt it's an issue with the Mac platform itself.

Mark Lutz