[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac native applets...

Gordon Worley redbird@orlando.crosswinds.net
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 23:36:07 -0500

Hello,

	I have been using Python for some time on my Mac.  I have attempted
from time to time to code an applet that behaves much like a Mac
application (like the IDE, for example).  Unfortunatly, I have had quite a
bit of trouble figuring out all of the basics needed to write Mac software.
I have looked through numerous books, but most of them discuss the usage of
a particular IDE on the Macintosh, therefore omitting important details
about the workings of Mac applications.  Short of reading through mountains
of Inside Macintosh, does anyone know of a book that teaches about the
Toolbox, AppleEvents, resource forks, the file system, and other system
resources that is very straight forward and easily translatable to Python.

P.S.	I am sorry for the newbie-ishness of my question, but I figured
that after spending several months searching for just the right book,
Python users with more experience in this field might be able to point me
in the right direction.  Thank you for any help in advance.

Red Bird Island Productions
Gordon Worley
http://www.crosswinds.net/orlando/~redbird/
mailto:redbird@orlando.crosswinds.net