[PYTHONMAC-SIG] How to print a PostScript file?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:53:06 +0100

> Has anyone here got experience how to do this in, say, C? It would be really
> nice if we could print from Python. How hard is it?

Printing in general should be fairly easy: you open a special sort of
graphport and render in that. When someone tells me which calls are needed (or
which interfaces should be bgenned) I should be able to implement that quickly.

Postscript printing (i.e. from postscrip source, not through quickdraw calls)
is a different story, however, it uses some tricks if I remember correctly but
I don't know exactly which ones. So, I'll definitely need a bit of help before
I can implement this...
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm