[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Python for Mac apps...

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 20:34:56 +0200

At 7:16 PM +0100 7/15/98, Peter Sommerfeld wrote:
>Both of you decided to go the native way. May I ask for the reasons ?

Having basically grown-up with Macs, I dislike anything that does not feel
quite "right", in the Mac sense. While Tk is a wonderful solution for
certain problems, it is very hard to get all the details that Mac users are
used to right (though maybe not impossible). Other reasons: Tk eats lots of
memory, and it does not perform satisfactory on older machine (of which
there are plenty). But of course my main reason was that I didn't need
support for other platforms to begin with...

>PS: Is this list feasible for typical newby questions too ? I dislike to post
>bulk like this to the main list.

No problem! Good to see this list coming alive again.

Just