[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Missent

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:27:23 +0100

This one was missent to the pythonmac-sig-request address. Please reply to the
original author (or the list), not to me...

------- Forwarded Message

Date: 4 Mar 1998 16:26:48 -0000
From: "Mark Alford" <alford@ias.edu>
Subject: Tkinter chokes Laptop

I've been using Tkinter to write a GUI application.
I'm running Mac System 8 on a PowerPC laptop and a Performa.

On the laptop, my application invariably freezes up
the *second* time I run it, during the Frame.__init__ .
I then have to reboot the machine.
I am using Python 1.5b3, but this used to happen with Python 1.33 as well.

On the Performa, this doesn't happen, although it
does occasionally die with "error 10" for no apparent reason.

The laptop is a Powerbook 3400c, with 80M of RAM.

Any suggestions for things to try?

Mark Alford
School of Natural Sciences
Institute for Advanced Study