[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Problems installing Python 1.5.1 for Mac

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Wed, 20 May 1998 03:01:27 +0200

>> Anyway, here goes. First thing to try is to remove all files with
>>"python" in
>> their name from the system folder. You'll probably have a "PythonCore 1.5.1"
>> and a "Python 1.5.1 Preferences". Remove your Python and do a new install.
>
>Done... and this is what I get when it tryies to configurePython:
>
>I cannot import the Res module, nor load it from either of
>toolboxmodules shared libraries. The errors encountered were:
>import Res: No module named Res
>load from toolboxmodules.CFM68K.slb: toolboxmodules.CFM68K.slb: File not
>found
>load from toolboxmodules.ppc.slb: toolboxmodules.ppc.slb: File not found

Is ConfigurePython right about this?
Do those files not exist? (in :Python 1.5.1:PlugIns:)

Assuming you didn't build Python from the source (if you did, please
tell us):
The installer must have screwed up. So I ask again: what installer
options did you choose? How much free disk is there?

Just