[Pythonmac-SIG] gdmodule for MacPython PPC (to generate GIF files via Pyth

FoulCraven@aol.com FoulCraven@aol.com
Wed, 27 May 1998 20:58:01 EDT

Jack, et al:

For what it's worth, I've posted the PPC-only MacPython gd module at:
      http://members.tripod.com/~Icenyne/macpython-gd/

I included my hacked version of the python gddemo.py file and a different
demo GIF than the GD1.3 distribution contained.  The gd module appears
to work.  I have also tried Richard Jones graph.py with sucess, but have
not included it since it is available at the Python gd module page:
      http://alumni.dgs.monash.edu.au/~richard/gdmodule/

All the soures and CW project files I used to generate the module are
included.  I am awfully surprised that I was able to generate a working
shared library with such little effort and no reading of manuals, CW or
otherwise...  I documented all the changes I made in the source files;
grep-ing on 'dgd' should find all the changes to the sources I made.  The
rest of the details are in either version of the readme file.

--Dave DiCarlo