[Pythonmac-SIG] IDE & MacOS 8.5?

Doug Wyatt doug@sonosphere.com
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 00:42:35 -0500

At 12:16 -0500 11/27/98, the hafler trio wrote:
> there appears to be confusion in Mac-Land about the appearance manager
> versions. I have found that the latest (non-system) commercial software
> installers have 1.02 which they dump into the extensions folder 'just to be
> on the safe side', but the version of the system software that came with
> the machine I am now writing on is 1.03. I have also noticed that some
> software will simply not run with an incompatible version of the latter.
> there seems to be no comprehension of a higher version - as in 'if the
> appearance manager is 1.03, then it can't be current, so let's "upgrade" it
> to 1.02.' bah.

Hmn... that could definitely explain things.

I have Appearance Extension 1.0.1, which says "MacOS 8.1" in its 'vers' 2
resource.  This suggests that maybe it's the version that came with this
machine (G3 desktop), but I'll have to fetch my system CD back from my
brother to find out.  It's very possible that I had a newer one and
someone's installer "downgraded" me.

I searched the Apple web pages and DejaNews for references to newer
versions and didn't see any ...

If you'd like to email me 1.0.3, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks for the reply,

Doug

--
Doug Wyatt                             doug@sonosphere.com