[Pythonmac-SIG] PythonIDE - browser problem with Framework.py?

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 18:03:08 +0200

At 9:05 PM +0200 10/9/98, Wolfgang Keller wrote:
>It seems to me that any time I try to open Framework.py in the module
>browser of the PythonIDE, the window is entirely messed up. Has anyone else
>experienced similar problems?

Yes, I'm sorry it's not on the "known bugs" list. The browser widget uses
the Apple List Manager, which screws up badly if you feed it more than 32k
of data.

>BTW: How about a possibility to structure code in the editor window to make
>it easier to handle larger scripts/programs? A combination of two windows
>would be nice; one to list all classes/methods and one for the source code
>of the actually selected class/method.

You do know of the little popup menu next to the line number field?

>A sourcecode outliner for larger
>pieces of code (like in Frontier) would also be very useful imho.

That has been my original plan from the start. It's just really hard to
implement nicely.

Just