[Pythonmac-SIG] Status of MacPython?

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:21:39 -0400

Jeffrey Shell wrote:

>Getting Python compiled on MacOS X is not a high priority for me, but MacOS
>X Server may become one if DC Customers want to deploy Zope on that
>platform, so I'm interested in getting that up and running again.

I'd be interested in hearing from you in the future if you deploy Zope on
MacOS X Server and/or MacOS X. My current project is a Linux Zope
deployment on a G3 with Linux and Mac partitions, for intranet
development. It would be interesting to take a look at performance and
management requirements for MacOS X [Server or not] vs. Linux. If I could
revert to a simpler setup in the future it would be an advantage.

Jim

James H. Harrison, Jr., MD, PhD
Associate Director, Division of Pathology Informatics
Department of Pathology, Univ. of Pittsburgh Health System

C920 PUH, 200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu | voice: 412-647-5529 | fax: 412-647-9588

"If you want sense, you'll have to make it yourself!!"-Norton Juster