[Pythonmac-SIG] [off] Get Python Version & Installed Modules?

Richard Gordon maccgi@bellsouth.net
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 13:22:30 -0400

At 23:16 +0200 08/19/1999, Jack Jansen wrote:
>A quick thing you can try is run the script
>
># Show some info about this Python
>print "Content-Type: text/plain"
>print
>import sys
>print "sys.path=", sys.path
>print "version", sys.version
>print "builtin modules", sys.builtin_module_name
>import os
>print "os.onviron", os.environ

Just to provide the final chapter on this, you may be interested and
appalled to hear that there is in fact a way to run python scripts
from telnet on my host service at http://www.communitech.net. Another
user tipped me that this can be accomplished with

perl 'myscript.py'

Do you believe that? It may not be the craziest thing I've ever heard
of, but it's pretty damn close. It does work and python executes the
script when the header is read. Apparently, they do not want people
to be able to call the interactive interpreter altho I can't imagine
why they are afraid of it.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Consulting & Design
Database Design/Scripting Languages