[Pythonmac-SIG] Robert Roebling: wxPython

Bill Dozier dozier@abs.net
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:38:06 -0400

Guido,

I'm interested; in fact, I've sort of hacked around trying to see if it
would build and it looked promising. I just borrowed a header file or two
from Stefan's code to get the right preprocessor variables set and then it
looks like all I need to do is comment out the code that depends on parts of
the library that Stefan doesn't have ported yet.

Since Robin's wxPython C++ code is mostly SWIG-generated and therefore
pretty platform-neutral, I expected this to be the case. I was planning to
try again once the final 1.5.2 (with CW Pro 5 projects for building
extensions) and the final Mac wxWindows were released.

I would really like to see this fly since I don't want to have to learn any
OS-specific API if I can help it and I really don't like Tk on the Mac. If
no one with more MacPython experience than me wants to do this, then I guess
I will give it a go.

Bill

<csomor@advancedconcepts