[Pythonmac-SIG] toolboxmodules.ppc.slb error on *some* Macs

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:49:47 +0200

At 6:30 AM -0400 8/25/99, Niel M. Bornstein wrote:
>>I would start with running ConfigurePython again on the machines in question.
>>If that fails try reinstalling Python (in which case you should manually
>>remove any file with "Python" in its name from the System Folder).
>
>Hmm.  These are stand-alone apps, no Python installed, so I didn't ever run
>ConfigurePython on them.  Do I need to?

No. I assume they're built with BuildApplication?

Honestly, I am stunned: I see no reason why it could fail on one machine
and not the other. Any more clues about the differences between the
machines on which the program does run and those on which is doesn't?

Just