[Pythonmac-SIG] toolboxmodules.ppc.slb error on *some* Macs

Niel M. Bornstein nbornstein@plr.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 07:01:06 -0400

At 6:49 AM -0400 8/25/99, Just van Rossum wrote:
>No. I assume they're built with BuildApplication?

Yes.

>Honestly, I am stunned: I see no reason why it could fail on one machine
>and not the other. Any more clues about the differences between the
>machines on which the program does run and those on which is doesn't?

I will try to get my client to be a little more detailed on his
explanation.  He just says "PPC Mac running MacOS 7.5.1", I'm sure he
doesn't have any clue about checking extensions, etc.

One thing which *may* be a factor: he did report problems downloading the
app on some machines.  He didn't say whether these machines were the ones
affected.  It may turn out that there was some corruption in the BinHex
file which caused this problem.

Thanks,
Niel