[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems building Python 1.5.2 on MacOS 9

etienne antoniutti di muro etienne@alias.it
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 13:13:15 +0100

Jack,
thanks a lot for your previous hint: I have made a step forward !!!
Got the GUSI distribution right for me (actually i'm using 1.84), i
built all essential Libs.
I've started building PythonCorePPC.prj:
I have had some problems with type casting, but I coped and at this
point I have everything properly compiled, or i hope so.

By now I have linking problems, as follows:
System acces path : first 'CWGUSI' libs, then 'MSL' compiler libs, at
last compiler 'MacOS Support' libs.

I have this kind of Warnings :
"ignored XXX (code/descriptor) in MSL C.PPC.Lib; previously defined in
MSLGUSI.Lib.PPC" -- and this sound not too bad.

I have this kind of Linking Error :
" Link Error : export symbol 'XYZXYZ' is undefined"
 -- most of these "exported symbols" come from
Python1.5.2c1src:Mac:modules:macconfig.c file, but I CAN'T find others
(_num_to_file,_malloc_pool,_pool_free,_pool_realloc,...) even with a
wide multi-file search in all Python and GUSI downloaded files.

Do I need any extra libs, files or packages?
Do I have to set up access path in a different order (even if I just
tried swapping Libs in every possible order)?
Is it due to some CODE WARRIOR linking configuration that I ignore?

thanks
etienne