[Pythonmac-SIG] What to do about missing toolbox routines

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:35:20 +0100

> Alternative 3:  export boolean hasToolboxFoo for every Foo which is weak
> linked (or every such call for which there isn't a Gestalt call which will
> detect presence/absence).  That's a rather verbose name...since we're
> looking at modules it could be perhaps reduced to hasFoo without name
> collision problems.

Hmm, that's an interesting angle! I'll think about this a bit more, it may be
that a different interface (for instance a is_implemented("ToolBoxCallName")
method) might be easier to implement (and cause less namespace clutter),
though.