[Pythonmac-SIG] making plug-ins?

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:09:19 -0800

I'm getting annoyed at all the Python extensions written in C and not
provided with MacOS versions... annoyed enough to do something about it
myself, maybe.  So I'm trying to learn how to make Python plug-ins.

Jack writes:

>One example project is included, PlugIns:xx.prj

I loaded this, ignored the numerous warnings about converting from older
formats.  The project file contains xxmodule.c, but there's no such file,
and double-clicking it in the project window (of course) does nothing.
There's also a mysterious "xx.prj.exp" file which contains the word
"initxx".

Now what?  I seem to be no closer to making my own plug-ins than I was
before.  Can somebody get me started?  (This is the 1.5.2b1 distribution.)

Thanks,
-- Joe
|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |