[Pythonmac-SIG] testing IMG on Mac

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:38:06 +0100

> I was trying out IMG and running the test when:
> - Write jpeg rgb image (cannot check)
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "Henrietta:Python 1.5.2b1:Extensions:img:test:testimg.py", line 143,
> in ?
>     w.write(rgb_t2b_data)
> imgformat.error: Output file write error --- out of disk space?

I ran into the same problem last week, and it turns out there were some rather
serious bugs in the JPEG writer. There's a (possibly similar) bug in the TIFF
writer that I haven't nailed down yet.

This will be fixed in the next release, but if people really need it now let
me know. Only if you really need it, please: the organization of the plugins
and extension modules has changed rather drastically, so distributing a new
img is non-trivial at the moment...
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm