[Pythonmac-SIG] Can't get there from here?

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@virginia.edu
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:26:29 -0500 (EST)

I can't answer my own questions, but I did find a kludge around:

 Calling ModalDialog(None) before the event handling loop causes
 the edit menu to be enabled, even after that function has returned.
 However, you have to give it an event to cause it to return.
 If you try to drag the window before that, it's still in ModalDialog
 processing, and it just beeps at you. ( And if the first event is
 a real one, like clicking the button, it will get lost. )

 Calling:
	 ModalDialog( lambda x,y: 1 )
 seems to work correctly.

 I'm guessing that it fires on a the first Null event.

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---