[Pythonmac-SIG] PIL on Mac doesn't work?

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:55:06 -0800

>The Imaging folder should have a _imaging.ppc.slb file in it. I think this
>module contains the core C code to run PIL. There are a lot of Python
>scripts in the Imaging:PIL folder amongst others. So check to see that you
>have a shared library there. Then make sure that folder is in the path.

Yep, that does it.  I feel like a shmuck for not noticing this myself --
thanks for pointing it out.  I hate adding an entire folder for one item,
so I put an alias to this library into the PIL folder.  Jack, any reason we
shouldn't put this shared library inside PIL (where everything else that's
needed seems to be)?

Does anyone have code to blit an Image into a QuickDraw window, or convert
it to something that can be drawn (i.e. PICT data)?  I know I could display
it via Tk, but I'm hoping to integrate it with Mac toolbox calls more
directly.

Thanks again,
-- Joe
|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |